fredag 1 mars 2013

I had THE best birthday yesterday!

Sure, it was kinda weird celebrating your birthday in Varanasi, with people getting cremated and babas (shiva worshipers) running around everywhere. Some of them totally naked...

But it turned out pretty great anyway. Since we're in India we figured we should celebrate with Indian people. We met these two eleven year old girls the other day, and one of them, Lata, invited us to her house. So we threw a birthday party there. But not only for me. The other girl, Punam, told us she didn't know when her birthday was, no one remembers when she was born... I felt terrible, so I told her we could share my birthday!!

So we bought balloons, candy, pastries, party hats and TWO cakes - one with my name on it, and one with Punam's name. (and for all that we paid like six dollars/knappt femtio spänn hallå...) And then we had a party on the roof of Latas house with their families, which was awesome, really! I couldn't have asked for a better way to start off my life as a 21 year old. Tjohej!

Saga






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar